We wrap up another week and another month with a little relationship talk. Your relationship with people is key to developing Win/Win agreements. It starts with trust. Without trust, it is almost impossible to get to an agreement that will truly benefit everyone involved. Check out the website for more content www.bcbousa.com
Our character is the foundation for creating Win/Win relationships. Trust inside the relationship is the key. Without trust, the best we can hope for is compromise. Without trust, we assume the other person is trying to win something over us, and vice versa. With trust, we can open communication. We know that we are both committed to understanding each other, and reaching an agreement that is mutually beneficial.
Attaining a Win/Win agreement with someone where there is no trust is difficult, but not impossible. You can build trust with a person by listening more. Don’t focus on what you want to achieve or your “sales pitch”. Really listen and understand their concerns and then address them. Have the courage to do the same and express your concerns and hope that they also listen. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when the people involved in the negotiation have a trust built up.
From relationships come the agreements. There are five key elements to a Win/Win agreement:
1. Desired results (not methods)
2. Guidelines – specify any parameters within which the results are to be accomplished
3. Resources – identify any resources they have available to them to help them accomplish the results
4. Accountability – set the standard of performance and when it will be evaluated
5. Consequences – specify what will happen (good and bad) as a result of the evaluation
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/bcbo/message